Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Jackie Hack Blog Post 1

Being completely new to the Harry Potter world, not just the books but the movies too, I was not sure what to expect when I began reading these books. However, as I started Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I told everyone that it was going to be a waste of time and who could possibly be interested in a story like this? Well, I was quickly proved wrong and became somewhat attached to the book. While reading, I felt like I was actually there witnessing what was happening because Rowling is so great at drawing in readers to her stories.

As I began reading Harry Potter for the first time this semester, I was in the mindset that this was a myth, but quickly learned that it is so much more than just that. After going through the list of genres and talking about how they were all incorporated into the novels, I quickly became hooked on quest.  Harry Potter and his friends are always on a "quest" to find or accomplish something it seems, whether it be lowering "himself through the hole until he was hanging on by his fingertips" (Rowling 276) in order to get down to the trap door, or simply on his journey back to Hogwarts with Ron after summer break. As stated previously, Rowling is always incorporating her readers into her stories, making sure they feel like they are on the same journey with the characters which also allows the readers to grow with them throughout the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.