I
did not read the Harry Potter books before or after the movies, so this is
totally new for me. However, I have heard so many discussions about it from my
friends since its success. Look at the first two books, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets; I considered those two
books as fantasy and children’s literature at the same time.
First
of all, when I read about the Diagon Alley chapter of the first book, I was
surprised by Rowling’s imagination that how she can think out, write out, and sort out all those ideas,
such as bundles of feathers, strings of fangs, and snarled claws hung from the
ceiling (Rowling, 81), and my favorite part so far which I desire to try: they
had a good time eating the Every Flavor Beans. Harry got toast, coconut, baked
bean, strawberry, curry, grass, coffee, sardine, and was even brave enough to
nibble the end off a funny gray one Ron wouldn't touch, which turned out to be
pepper (Rowling, 104). It brings me to my childhood’s dream, try to taste
everything and it is candy! It is just so interesting for me to image if I
taste all those flavors of beans. I really enjoy Harry Potter.
As for the children’s literature, I realized it
while I was reading the first two chapters of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which was early. The technique, tone, and content of
Harry Potter books are suitable and official for children to read, or a
foreigner like me that has English as a second language, except the length is a
little long. Since I only read the first two books, so far, I do not think it
is too dark for children to read. In fact, I think children like adventure and
the exciting story as Harry Potter.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.