Harry Potter has
been a part of my life since I was little. My older brother began reading the
books with my parents and as the series progressed began to read them on his
own. I fell in love with Harry Potter not by reading the books myself, but by
watching my brother read them and listen to him talk about them. I was a
stubborn child that wanted nothing to do with reading, so I am reading them for
the first time this year. I remember being so amazed by the fantasy and mystery
in the novels. I would always ask my brother to, “keep telling me more, I want
to know what happens” and of course his reply was, “read them”.
There
is fantasy found in the magic and Hogwarts castle. Hogwarts castle feels like
it is straight out of a fairytale. I have always loved the idea of living in a
castle, so of course I found the idea of living in a castle practicing magic to
be extremely interesting. Not only is the castle full of fantasy and wonder,
but the idea of moving pictures, flying broomsticks, and an assortment of
enchanted candies and toys make you dream of how amazing it would be to live in
a magical world.
The
other genre that intrigued me was mystery. In the first two novels we find
Harry trying to piece together different clues to discover the many mysteries
of Hogwarts and the strange people appearing in his life. One of the first
mysteries he comes across is Hagred retrieving a secret package from a heavily
secured Hogwarts vault. Another that comes later in the second novel is the
blood written on the wall, “Enemies of the heir, beware! You’ll be next mud
bloods”. Along with the message was a very dead looking Mrs. Norris. Alongside
Harry, Ron, and Hermione we tried to solve the mystery of who did that to Mrs.
Norris.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.