At
the end of the series I was definitely shocked about how the plot unfolded. The
conclusion of the plan to kill Voldemort was something that I never saw coming.
I couldn’t believe how well Dumbledore thought out this plan, from Snape’s role
to how Harry was a holcrux all along.
I was also shocked on how I felt about Snape and Dumbledore at the end of the series. Throughout
the entire series I always thought of Snape as the “bad guy”. Even though he protected
Harry in his first year,( and sometimes in the years following) I shifted all
of my thoughts of Snape being good, to evil after he killed Dumbledore on the
watch tower. From that point I HATED SNAPE. I hated how he portrayed
Dumbledore, and I hated how he took over Hogwarts. I was even glad when Snape
was killed because he was finally punished for killing Dumbledore. But then there was that moment when Harry had
a look at Snapes memories. At that
moment, my heart when from hatred to pure sadness as I realized Snapes true
identity. The fact that he his job all along was to protect Harry, and how he
loved Lily was something that I never would have suspected. I also had a
different perspective on Dumbledore, and actually hated the fact that he kept
all of these secrets from Harry all of this time, which made me question who he
really was.
What
I also thought was surprising about the ending of the series was the
personality shift in Mrs.Weasley, and Neville. We all can recall one of the
most memorable lines that Mrs.Weasley says “Not my daughter you bitch!”, and
then killing Bellatrix, one of the most evil and powerful deatheaters following
Voldemort. Honestly I never would have thought that Mrs. Weasley would swear,
and didn’t realize how aggressive she could be! I even remember the whole
audience cheering for her as that moment unfolded on the movie theater screen!
I think I was more excited about her killing Bellatrix then Harry killing
Voldemort. Yeah Mrs.Weasley!
With
Neville, the moment that I changed my views on him was when he killed Naganni
with the sword of Gryffindor. Out of everyone (especially Harry) Neville is the
one who kills the most crucial thing in order to kill Voldemort, making him go
from a zero to a hero, which I thought was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.