This is the first time that I am reading the Harry Potter
series. It has been such an exciting
journey for me. I feel so emotionally involved
in the series, and I was almost in denial at the end. I could not believe it was over. However, even though I was upset that it
ended, I truly loved the ending.
Rowling did
an incredible job at wrapping everything up.
I love how she answered every concern, never leaving any questions
unanswered. My favorite part about the
end of the series was seeing how every character evolved: Harry won the battle
versus Voldemort, where he accepts the noble fact that he might have to die to save others (thank goodness he doesn't!); Ron gains a new self-assurance; Hermione’s intellect proves
to be her most powerful weapon; and Neville is finally able to fight back. Even Molly Weasley exposed a different side
of herself when she was battling Bellatrix Lestrange, “NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU
BITCH!” (Deathly Hallows, pg.
736). Molly proved not only to be a
protector, but also a fighter. The
Bildungsroman theme was very evident during the ending of the series. It was interesting to return back to the
first novels and see how much each character had evolved into the
person they were at the end of the series.
Another
thing that I loved (even though it was heartbreaking) about the end of the
series was how it was realistic. It was
so depressing to see major characters like Fred, Lupin and Tonks die, but it
was also to be expected. Yes, I disliked the fact that so many important figures in Harry's life were taken from him, but I also believe that the deaths helped Harry to evolve into the person he was at the end of the series. Not every
character was going to survive the battle against Voldemort—that would have
been unbelievable. Although innocent
lives would be taken, the deaths were worth it.
The battle of good versus evil was finally won, and all was finally
well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.