Wednesday, April 22, 2015

In the final book, we were all aware that there would be death and destruction more than before. Nothing could have prepared me for the death that truly hit a little too close to home, Fred's death is agonizing to me. My heart always gets ripped out of my chest every time I read it. There is no avoiding it, no new changes, or even the avoidance of it happening at all. I am a twin, identical and as of right now the more dominate twin. My sister Tara and I couldn't be closer. There is a bond that comes with being a twin. It is different than having a sibling. This bond can't be explained easily, she is my person. I can call her and she always picks up. My sister has always wanted to travel, when she did she came back with Meningitis, she was so sick, we almost lost her. It rocked my world, she laughs now because I turned into the mother bear. We always laugh together and if she gets into trouble I get into trouble. We do almost everything together.
I know when she has a bad day, I am always in her corner. With Fred and George showing you the love they have for each other in ways of, always being together and always backing each other up whether or not they agree with each other. When George was injured at the start of Deathly Hallows you could see the fear in George's eyes.
When people talk about twins they are always talking about both. It is never just one it is always both. That is even what happens in this book. When someone talks about Tara they always ask about me. Think of a twin you know, do you think of the other as well?
I can't help but tear up trying to write this blog post. Every time I think of my life without Tara, my heart stops and I can't continue to think this way. All twins fight just like siblings but we laugh by the end of it and apologize. If there was one thing I could change about the Harry Potter series this would be it. Nothing is more heart breaking than loosing someone that you have a bond with, and a bond with a twin starts before your first breathe and never dies. In a way this is a life that never truly dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.