Monday, April 20, 2015

Blog Post 3: The End

Page 759 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - the end of something so monumental, it actually hurt my heart to close the book; a series that gave me a new perception on magic, creativity, and caused a sense of wonder I never knew existed. The ending was quite a surprise to say the least. I must've been one of Rowling's hopeful and expected "gullible readers" considering I never expected Snape to be a truly good guy. I imagined that after he killed Dumbledore, he remained faithful to Voldemort with no more surprises. I was clearly mistaken. His love for Lily Potter drove him to the most master plan of all, deceiving literally everyone he came in contact with for years. To think that Rowling had this plan the entire time, and was able to wind such an intricate web of magical mystery around it all is beyond brilliant.

Although not a main character, watching Kreacher grow throughout the story was one of my favorites. The chapter titled, "Kreacher's Tale" was like a surplus of hints and surprises that opened up doors to the rest of the story. The way he began to cook for Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and do his best to help them in anyway made it a satisfying transformation to see, especially when reminiscing on his previous attitude towards them as a nasty, angry house elf that hid under the cabinet with zero respect for anyone but his deceased, previous masters. 

Lastly, Neville Longbottom - a boy I always thought to simply be an extra alongside Harry's band of accomplices that had his back in times of need. He transformed from a timid, clumsy wizard to the ultimate hero, defeating Nagini, the final Horcrux. I am overwhelmed with emotion after finishing this series, and my only question is, when will Rowling decide to write another seven books, telling the lives of Harry and Ginny's children during their journey at Hogwarts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.