Neville saving the day is so important and so emotional because of the monumental amount of screw ups he seemed to make during the series leading up to that moment. The seventh book really is his shining moment in the series as a whole and you just feel an overwhelming amount of joy and happiness for him. When Harry and Voldemort were having their stare down before the ultimate climax of the series, I felt a couple things. First, I felt a kind of funny irony how after hours and hours of fighting everyone just stopped what they were doing to watch Voldemort and Harry. No one does a thing or bothers them which I think is kind of unrealistic. At the same time though, it is dramatic and gut wrenching and had me hanging on to the edge of my seat as Harry outsmarted Voldemort once again. The last particularly poignant part of the Harry Potter series is when Harry walks in to Dumbledore's and Snape's old studies. It makes you feel like the series really is coming to an end and it did a great job of giving me closure. You see Dumbledore smiling, and see Snape on the wall and you just know that everything is going to be okay. Its so sad and joyful at the same time.
I really don't think my feelings for certain characters changed a whole lot. Even Snape, who is the person that most people would automatically think of, his actions didn't change my feelings for him a lot. Through out the book it was difficult to like Snape, but you always got the feeling that everything he did, he did it with a purpose. Also, I don't think it is as important as some say because Snape did it for Lily, not for Harry. He didn't do it for the love of Harry, he did it for the love he had for Lily and the unimaginable amount of guilt he must've had for having a hand in the killing of her. However heroic what Snape did seems, I think that he had selfish motives for helping Harry.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.