The end of the Harry Potter series is truly remarkable.
Reading these books for the first time was definitely challenging but well worth
it! I was on the edge of my seat during the last chapters of the book,
especially when I thought Harry was bound to die. Honestly, I almost cried at
the moment Harry thought “I must die.
It must end,” (Rowling, 693). At that moment, I was sure Harry was going to die
in the end. However, Rowling never ceases to impress me. The only part I disliked
in the end was when Lupin and Tonks were killed. So many people close to Harry
have already died, I felt that Rowling took too much away from him with their
deaths.
Overall, my
feelings towards Harry drastically changed by the final chapter. Originally, I
was annoyed with Harry’s character since book five. Rowling frustrated me in
the sense that everything just magically fell into place for Harry (no pun
intended). For instance, when the sword of Gryffindor appears in like lake, I
focused more on the fact that Harry had been given what was needed rather than
worrying about who sent it. What bothered me most was when Ron found Hermoine
and Harry once again without any harm or repercussions; that was pure luck in
my opinion. Because of these situations, I was annoyed with the fact that Harry
had been handed almost everything he needed. At this point in the series, I
would say that I sided with Snape in the sense that Harry merely escaped most
tragic moments by luck or from the help of others.
However, my
feelings for Harry changed the moment I discovered he had to die, specifically
when he was willing to sacrifice himself in an attempt to save the ones he
loved; “He saw the mouth move and a flash of green light, and everything was
gone,” (Rowling, 704). At this moment, Harry surrendered to Voldemort, and I
was proud. Harry decided to do this entire thing by himself. No Ron. No
Hermoine. It was during this scene that my opinion of Harry completely changed.
I realized how noble, selfless, and brave his character truly is. Rowling hit
the nail on the head.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.