The end of the Harry Potter series was not perfect, but it was still beautiful and wonderful. The most beautiful moment to me was when Harry was walking into the forest, surrounded by all of the friends and family who had passed on before him. I still cry when I read that passage, particularly the interaction between Harry and James. "You'll stay with me? 'Until the very end,' said James." To see someone so completely at peace with the worst thing that could happen to him is truly marvelous. It really shows the transformation of Harry from a confused eleven year old boy into a mature young man.
My feelings about Dumbledore were drastically changed in the last book. Previous to this, I had fallen into the same trap as Harry, wanting to believe that Dumbledore was this perfect figure. But it is important to realize here that no one is either entirely good or entirely bad. Everyone is complex, and we certainly learn this about Dumbledore.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.